About the Course
“Stepping forward from behind her desk at the hub of the Magdi Yacoub Foundation in Zamalek, Anissa Hassouna exudes a powerful combination of warmth and energy. This is a woman whose lifetime achievements make those of the most ambitious men look tame. But, then, as Hassouna points out, women are accustomed to taking on many roles in life. ‘Not women, but super-women,’ she points out when describing the lives of those with full-time careers and families to take care of. Running the Magdi Yacoub Foundation is just the latest turn in an illustrious career spanning decades.” Cairo West Magazine
Be ready to assume the role of leadership! Women are forging their own paths and moving forward facing the challenges of creating a balance between juggling family and career. These are time of boundless opportunities and we must not falter in believing in our capabilities, intelligence and achievements. Women who harness their unique power to multitask, lead intuitively and build strategic, collaborative relationships are invaluable assets in all fields of expertise and industry.
In this workshop, we focus on breaking down barriers to success and identifying negative, weak messages that impede our innate abilities. The ultimate goal is to transform them into messages that inspire mutual respect and cooperation. Working together in harmony can do wonders for an organization’s competitive position and for the individual’s prospects for advancement in their chosen industry.
Within an affable environment, participants practice and role-play their new-found learning experiences. Initial self-assessments are completed and ongoing goals are incorporated. Our objective is to have participants emerge with the personal knowledge and confidence to succeed in their careers and interact strategically with clients, colleagues and stakeholders.
With over two decades in the business etiquette and international protocol industry, these programs have been delivered successfully to executives and hundreds of companies and organizations across all industries.
Module 1: Put your Best Foot Forward
First impressions are created in seven seconds and snap judgments are made within four seconds!
- Do not underestimate your inner power and wisdom!
- Act “as if” until you “are!”
- Your appearance is a critical part of your message! How you look on the outside is perceived as how you feel on the inside!
- Your facial expression, walk, stance, posture and voice convey a thousand messages…make them count!
- Understand “Mirroring” and what unspoken messages are being sent by micro facial expressions.
- Your Profile is your calling card! Practice and assimilate the 7 steps of creating your unique brand of self-representation.
Module 2: It’s not what you say…it’s how you say it!
Never will first impressions be more crucial to project a sense of presence, courage and commitment.
- What it takes to overcome a poor first impression.
- Your appearance is a critical part of your message!
- Dress for the position you aspire to!
- Observe the language of non-verbal communication
- Verbal Communication: What you say, how you say it and when to say it!
Module 3: Leadership is an Art
Know your predominant leadership style and adopt complimentary styles to be more effective.
- The 10 traits of effective leaders.
- Leaders are not managers and managers are not leaders!
- Emotional Intelligence…respect your innate wisdom.
- Assert Authority diplomatically…authority has to be earned!
- “Charisma” and how to develop it. Recognize this trait in others and you will understand what it is and how to become a charismatic leader.
- Are you a visionary? Can you communicate that vision? How do you execute that vision? Recognize where you want to go and how you’re going to get there.
Module 4: Interpersonal Skills – Build Relationships
Confidence in any business situation!
Knowing how to interact with confidence in a professional setting requires strong interpersonal skills:
- Never “fumble” introductions again! Know which name to mention first and how to make all parties feel respected, which in turn makes you look good!
- What’s in a name? Tips to help you remember names and why it is so important to do so.
- Converse like a diplomat – Conversation is the art of listening! Listen actively and learn more than expected.
- Business Cards are a critical part of your professional image.
- Executive correspondence and E-Mail etiquette are an essential component of your executive image
Module 5: Meeting Strategies / Presentation Skills
Reflect an image of confidence and authority at business meetings and learn techniques that will get you noticed for the right reason!
- Your body language speaks volumes!
- Credibility destroyers!
- Where you sit makes a difference!
- Interruptions – How to deflect diplomatically!
- The Winning Recipe for Presentations: Organize your thoughts…if you don’t understand what you want to say, your audience won’t either!
- Techniques to overcome your fear of public speaking.
- Tools to create and construct an effective speech.
- Dedication to improvement in delivery.
- Learn how to create formulas for various presentations.
- Develop professional stage presence and learn techniques to hone your skills.
Module 6: Social Skills – Establish & Build The Relationship
We are judged by our confidence level in social settings. It is crucial to be perceived as a polished professional when entertaining or being entertained.
- To achieve your business goals, hosting an impressive business luncheon which is more congenial to consideration or acceptance of your proposal.
- Establishing connections is the name of the game at Business Receptions and networking events…you were not invited for the food!
- We are judged by our dining skills or lack thereof! Learn the “rules of the table” and never worry again about which fork to use!
The program includes: Power Point Presentations, interactive activities, exercises, real-life simulations and assessments.
Professional Presence is a requirement in today’s competitive business environment and our seminars and workshops are requested by professionals across all industries including sales, technology, medical and governmental organizations. The real-time solutions imparted in this program are universally accepted as the master class in executive development.
- Within an affable environment, participants practice and role-play their new-found learning experiences. Initial self-assessments are completed and ongoing goals are incorporated. Our objective is to have participants emerge with the personal knowledge and confidence to succeed in their careers and interact strategically with clients, colleagues and stakeholders.
- With over two decades in the business etiquette and international protocol industry, these programs have been delivered successfully to executives and hundreds of companies and organizations across all industries.
Attendance at the seminar will give you the skills to:
- Create a powerful image / brand.
- Develop a vocabulary to impart a message that will be heard.
- Lead or follow with equal grace and ease.
- Build relationships of trust and respect.
- Make powerful presentations to the Board of Directors
The course is designed for women executives, diplomats, government officials, advertising and marketing agency professionals, business professionals and entrepreneurs.
Delegates will be awarded an international certification from International Protocol Institute of California (IPIC)